[Translators-l] Scholarships for Wikimania

OTA Takashi takot+wikimania at sfc.keio.ac.jp
Mon Jun 19 19:10:15 UTC 2006

From: Aphaia <aphaia at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Translators-l] [Foundation-l] Wikimedia Privacy Policy:
Update to account for CheckUser access
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 03:13:33 +0900

> And thank you for your comment on scholarships. Such clarification will be helpful.
>
> As a team whose member are of diverse nations and languages,  we have
> no difficulties principally application in major languages though,
> admittedly English is our working language, and I am not sure for now
> that we are okay for all languages. Perhaps you would like to have a
> full list of languages an application in which are recommended?

Partially yes, partially no.

I thought, as a translator, if an application were limited in English,
our task would be very limited and easy to complete.

Turned out that's not, I say, we have a little bit much task. Just a
little bit, something like "how many characters would be in Japanese
for 200 English words" or "should we put a notice saying that a
Japanese who has a machine readable passport does not need a visa for
short stay in the US?" or so ... :)  Never mind.

--OTA Takashi