[Translators-l] [Foundation website] Translation 2006/12/17

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 14:22:33 UTC 2006

Hello,
I expect you are spending a nice weekend, and appreciate your support
and help offered after the latest update on December 9 (issued on
12/11). Thanks to your concentrated edits, and for the sake of new
requests on which you are also engaged, we are now necessary to update
the status of each current requests.

First, WMF news were updated in all language now we support. Thank you
for your translation. Thus, our current requests are following:

- Disclaimer. (orig.
[[Template:Disclaimer for translation]])
  Now several language document is tagged with disclaimer in their own
language, and also there is promised help. Requested languages are
Chinese and Portuguese particularly. Italian and Dutch version seem at
the final stage. Workplace may found on the url below:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_requests/WMF/disclaimer

  - OurProject template on the Foundation website home.
  Most of languages have now the new version on their home. Currently
Requested languages are Fi, Pl, Zh . Workplace may be found at the url
below:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/TR/quick

  If your language home at foundation website lacks this template for
the list of projects, you are invited to create one. See
[[m:TR/WMF#Footer]]. The full url is:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_requests/WMF#Footer

- Fundraising items
-- Fundraising form
-- Letter from Anthere (funddriving related)
-- Fundraising FAQ

* Form
The new form presented by FundCom is featured in over 10 languages. An
example is below:
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Fundraising

Translation request is still open for over 20 languages.
Recommended workplaces are:
- For wmf editors: Wikimedia:Fundraising translations
- For other cases: m:TR/WMF/Fundraising/2006
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_request/WMF/Fundraising/2006

Chinese and Danish translations are on-going on meta, just for your
information. I would recommend you to try to avoid duplications.

* Letter and FAQ
Both translations are going on meta. Some are already released. Kudos
to Dutch and Arabic languages team, the latter was very recently
organized (welcome aboard!).
The workplaces may be found at [[m:TR]]
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/TR#Current_requests

- Information updated
-- New [[Board of Trustees]]
-- Renewed [[About Wikimedia]]

For the sake of recent organizational progress, those pages above were
updated lately and now requested for translation.
The workplace may be found at  [[m:TR]]
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/TR#Current_requests

If you are also interested in contributing to the website with your
own words (and English), you may find a fun on editing [[Our
projects]] ;-) We'll be happy to have your report about your favorite
project. A new draft is now being edited on meta,
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_requests/WMF/Our_projects/En:

Again, thank you for all your help!
Cheers,
--