[Translators-l] New kid with silly question

Ayman Hourieh aymanh at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 15:48:30 UTC 2004

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:32:11 +0000, Magosányi Árpád
<mag at bunuel.tii.matav.hu> wrote:

> As far as I can see there are translatable parts of the templates as
> well, see {{WQ-2-trustees}} and {{WQ-2-trustees_HU}}.

Hmm, translatable parts were normal text in the first newsletter, only
names were in the template.

However, I think that one of the points behind using templates is
making it easier to add/remove names, if a template is creating for
each language, one will have to go through each template again.

> It also seems to me that the textual parts are behind templates (which
> contain a redirect, at least the welcome message).
>
> Of course it would help if
>
> -each template would be either fully to-be-translated or fully leave-as-is,
>  and it would be clear at first sight (e.g. from name)
>
> -finished and ready-to-translate parts would be marked as is
>
> Maybe some of the above is already done, just I could not figure out?
> I guess the most important part is to figure out what is finished yet,
> and how to watch for changes in translated things. So:
>
> -How could I figure out what is ready for translation?
>
> -Is adding the page WQ/2 to my watchlist enough to notice changes
>  in related templates and pages like WQ/2/welcome? If not, what
>  should I watch?
>
> I feel like asking FAQ. Is there one?

Hopefully someone who knows more than me on the list will give better answers :)

Check the mailing list and the second newsletter translation request
page frequently, info related to NL translation is usually announced
there.
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_requests/NL-2

-Ayman