[Mediawiki-i18n] CLDR translations going! Priorities?

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Mon May 18 09:24:35 UTC 2015

CLDR 28 translations seem to be going well: some wikimedians already
submitted more than 1000 translations (and one more than 5000...).
Please join: http://st.unicode.org/cldr-apps/v
	See the instructions to get an account and the screenshots/tutorial for
the interface:
https://translatewiki.net/wiki/CLDR#Contribute_to_an_existing_locale
	Similar to
http://laxstrom.name/blag/2015/05/09/14-more-languages-fully-translated-in-mediawiki-this-week/
, I'm wondering what items to focus our translation on and how to reach
translators for them. Most reports from users are for the MediaWiki
timestamps and for missing names of the languages they care. Where are
they and how to track progress?
	Stats at
http://www.unicode.org/cldr/charts/27/supplemental/locale_coverage.html
are a bit too generic for us, comprehensive language names are not
covered by any column. Does "minimal" cover what we need in most cases?
«Contains names for the languages, scripts, and territories associated
with the language, numbering systems used in those languages, date and
number formats».
http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr35/tr35-info.html#Coverage_Levels
	The stats for "minimal" and "posix" coverage level for the MediaWiki
locales in CLDR 27, excluding those over 95 %, are as follows:

Code	Native Name	Minimal%	Posix%
uz_Cyrl	Ўзбек (Кирил)	95%	96%
ksh	Kölsch	94%	100%
ks	‫کٲشُر‬	91%	96%