[Mediawiki-i18n] Fwd: [Wikitech-l] Fwd: Chat about MLEB

Kartik Mistry kartik.mistry at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 13:33:18 UTC 2015

To the right list, if not done yet.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bjoern Hassler <bjohas+mw at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 6:44 PM
Subject: [Wikitech-l] Fwd: Chat about MLEB
To: Wikimedia developers <wikitech-l at lists.wikimedia.org>

Hello,

(2nd attempt to post, sorry if this is a duplicate.)

We're starting to use the translate extension on our wiki (
http://oer.educ.cam.ac.uk). Is this the right list to post a question on?

My question is: If you are going from one translated page (e.g. base page
in en, translated page in fr) to another page (in en) that has a
translation for the same language (fr), can you automatically stay in this
language? I.e. if you on [[A/fr]] you click on [[B]], can are you
automatically taken to [[B/fr]]? There seems to be some provisions for
this, but it's not clear to me.

Also, is it possible to add "languages" - for us it's not so much different
languages, but we're creating localised versions of a teacher education
resource for different contexts (which are mainly English-speaking), which
involves replacing things like "Zambia" with "Rwanda", but also more
complex adaptations.

Our resource is quite complex (e.g. extensive use of templates, and
semantic mediawiki) see
http://oer.educ.cam.ac.uk/wiki/OER4Schools - would somebody with MLEB
experience be happy to have a chat to see whether MLEB is the right tool?

Thanks!
Bjoern

Kartik Mistry/કાર્તિક મિસ્ત્રી | IRC: kart_
{kartikm, 0x1f1f}.wordpress.com