[Mediawiki-i18n] [WikimediaMobile] mdot webroot redirects on Wikipedia Zero

Adam Baso abaso at wikimedia.org
Tue Nov 25 21:27:56 UTC 2014

Alright, we're close to issuing this code in production for the Wikipedia
Zero end user use case.

Federico, you're right - www.wikipedia.org/ gets a lot more traffic than
m.wikipedia.org/; www.wikipedia.org/ skews more toward English, for several
reasons, but it still seems like wiring up a JavaScript widget to talk to
an API that examines the Accept-Languages, or something like that, might be
useful for multilingual users and users not reading a language listed
toward the top of the page. I'm currently pretty busy, but we could maybe
at least ask Mxn (if not on this list) what Mxn thinks, as Mxn has been
pretty involved with the global Wikipedia portal template. Should I BCC Mxn
on this thread, or email Mxn off-thread? Mxn tries to avoid spam from what
I can tell on Mxn's personal website.

-Adam