[Mediawiki-i18n] Fwd: Language Engineering team changes

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Fri Feb 21 22:37:44 UTC 2014

FYI.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org>
Date: Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 2:35 PM
Subject: Language Engineering team changes
To: All Wikimedia Foundation Staff

Hi folks.

After some internal conversations, we've implemented the following
changes on the Language Engineering team:

- Amir Aharoni is currently the Acting Product Manager;
- Runa Bhattacharjee is the ScrumMaster.

Siebrand Mazeland is no longer part of the Wikimedia Language
Engineering team. We're maintaining a part-time contract relationship
with Siebrand to support MediaWiki developers with i18n/l10n-related
questions, to provide continuous review of MediaWiki changes from an
i18n/l10n perspective, and to support translatewiki.net requirements
which intersect with Wikimedia Foundation priorities and ongoing
localization updates.

I want to thank Siebrand for serving as the team's Product Manager
since July 2011, and for continuing to partner with us on i18n/l10n
issues and on translatewiki.net, which is an essential part of the
Wikimedia localization process.

Thanks,

Erik

--