[Mediawiki-i18n] Language Converter at wikimania

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 19:16:28 UTC 2014

C. Scott Ananian, 03/04/2014 19:02:
> Is there any chance that we could organize a set of presentations or
> talks by the various communities who use it, in order to lay the
> ground work for an informed discussion of its future and/or
> replacement?

How do you expect this to be possible, if there are 40 of them? We have
this thing called wikis which is used to gather colossal amounts of
information (like this) in small steps. ;-)
	Have you tried reading other resources, like
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Tell_us_about_your_Wikipedia>,
bugzilla, mailing lists? If you're interested in a topic, you can expand
existing wiki pages about it and point out the gaps in knowledge, then
ask others to help.
	Experiences like "Tell us about your Wikipedia" show that it's possible
to make people write down CommunityLore that's normally overlooked, if
one shows interest and a purpose. What's your interest? What's the
purpose? What the gain for users to tell you about this? I've been
pleasantly surprised and curious about your curiosity on the topic, I'd
like to know sooner rather than later. :)

Nemo