[Mediawiki-i18n] [Commons-l] Enabling the Translate and UniversalLanguageSelector extensions on Commons

Jean-Frédéric jeanfrederic.wiki at gmail.com
Fri May 10 16:37:42 UTC 2013

>  I'd like to start a discussion about the merits and challenges of
>> enabling the Translate and UniversalLanguageSelector extensions on
>> Commons.
>>
>> FYI, I quick drafted
> <
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Requests_for_comment/UniversalLanguageSelector
> >
> in order to discuss the possible issues, then gain community consensus and
> hopefully get ULS enabled on Wikimedia Commons

Just a quick follow up on this. ULS has been enabled on CommonsBeta (thanks
to Nemo I think!) ; but apart fromThere has not been much activity on the
RFC, unfortunately.

I am unsure what needs to be done by whom and when. Should we already try
to seek large Commons community consensus? Should the i18n folks comment on
the deployment plan before?

Thanks for your answers,

--
Jean-Frédéric