[Mediawiki-i18n] I18n deployment 2013-05-07
greg at wikimedia.org
Tue May 7 16:10:47 UTC 2013
Thanks Niklas for the helpful writeup.
One general question I have for you is: Is there anything I should do
from my end for the bugs you reported? Specifically from Platform/Core's
perspective? It looks like Aude responded to the Wikidata action=parse
one, which is good.
<quote name="Niklas Laxström" date="2013-05-07" time="13:31:57 +0300">
> Post deploymend update:
> TL;DR: What was planned and even a bit more was done, but...
> We found multiple issues during the deployment:
> * While testing ULS on deployment-prep, I found that ULS trigger in
> 'personal' position did not honor $wgULSAnonCanChangeLanguage setting
> and always opened the language selector instead of display settings.
> This was an oversight in the planning&validation of stories in
> previous sprint (there was no explicit mention about this). Amir made
> a quick fix and I updated and deployed ULS to master on 1.22wmf3
> branch. This was done before syncing configuration changes, but given
> 5 minute cache time for scripts, some anonymous users might have seen
> language selector for some minutes. Amir's fix exposed another bug in
> ULS, that clicking the trigger when ULS is open does not always close
> the ULS. I added a note to bug https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/47971
> * ULS is now enabled on all deployment-prep projects in the two
> different configurations depending on the project (personal vs.
> interlanguage position). However there is an issue with purging which
> means it is not visible on most of the pages. Filed as bug
> * While testing updated ULS on wikidata.org, I found that part of the
> interface was missing because API action=parse is broken there. Filed
> as bug https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/48201
> * While testing TUX on wikidata.org, I found out that the fix for bug
> https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/46716 did not fix the bug. Bug was
> * Whlle testing ULS, Pau found that clicking more languages ("...")
> from IME icon opens language selector partially obscured and out of
> the view port. Filed as bug https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/48204
> * While testing ULS on test.wikipedia.org, I found that IME settings
> claim that there are no input methods for English. Amir was not able
> to reproduce locally, but he will file a bug report.
> * I ran over the reserved 60 minute slot because of the extra fix we
> needed to make and also the refresh-translatable-pages.php script too
> still longer than hour for rest of the wikis... wikidatawiki has
> gathered a lots of translatable pages ;)
> 2013/5/3 Niklas Laxström <nlaxstrom at wikimedia.org>:
> > When: Tuesday 2013-05-07 08:00 UTC
> > What:
> > * Run refresh-translatable-pages.php for remaining WMF wikis using
> > Translate extension (mediawiki and meta were done last week).
> > * Enable ULS for anonymous users without language selection. This
> > brings web fonts and input methods to anonymous users on wikis which
> > have ULS (meta, mediawiki, wikidata and couple of others). Tehnically:
> > $wgULSEnableAnon is replaced with $wgULSAnonCanChangeLanguage.
> > -Niklas
| Greg Grossmeier GPG: B2FA 27B1 F7EB D327 6B8E |
| identi.ca: @greg A18D 1138 8E47 FAC8 1C7D |
More information about the Mediawiki-i18n