[Mediawiki-i18n] Translate extension + mediawiki 1.14.1

Felix Natter fnatter at gmx.net
Sun Apr 14 15:16:12 UTC 2013

"Federico Leva (Nemo)" <nemowiki at gmail.com> writes:

hi Nemo,

> Felix Natter, 14/04/2013 14:43:
>> hi,
>>
>> the freeplane project (http://freeplane.sourceforge.net) is currently
>> using mediawiki 1.14.1.
>
> Why are you? (You must have an extremely good reason...)

It's not like this is our own server, it's a messy sourceforge
installation and I am afraid of messing things up during an update.
Testing everything on a local copy is needed, but requires much time.

>>  From this page:
>>    http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Translate
>> I derive that it's probably only supported in >= 1.19. Is this true?
>
> Yes.
>

>> What is the easiest way to make this (or a similar extension) work with
>> mediawiki 1.14.1 (of course while keeping the existing pages)?
>> Currently we have only English pages, but the Freeplane user base is
>> growing so we need French pages as well.
>
> 1.14 has been released in February 2009... Translate was still in its
> infancy as independent extension.
> Since February 2010 1.16 has been required, I don't know when 1.14 actually
> stopped working.
> <https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=Extension:Translate&diff=prev&oldid=305237>
> <https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/gitweb?p=mediawiki/extensions/Translate.git;a=commitdiff;h=83690cfeb41b572c4e0503cdabd67d3836a475fb>
> You can try
> <https://svn.wikimedia.org/svnroot/mediawiki/branches/REL1_14/extensions/Translate/>
> I guess.
> We know a wiki running it on 1.16.5 but nothing else, let me know if you
> find something more. http://wikiapiary.com/wiki/Extension:Translate

I think we should go for the upgrade at some point. Using an old svn
version of the translate extension might break things as well.

Thanks and Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter