[Mediawiki-i18n] Notes on today's i18n deployment
nlaxstrom at wikimedia.org
Tue May 1 18:52:09 UTC 2012
I was able to deploy TranslationNotifications  to
test.wikipedia.org. The good news is that it works nicely there. The
bad news is that it's not yet on mediawiki.org or meta as planned.
Tehnical details for those who are interested:
* I added TranslationNotifications to 1.20wmf2 branch
* git pull on fenari failed due to file permission issues
** Reedy asked ops to fix it and they did
** I asked what should be done to prevent this issue from reappearing
- got no answer but I set my umask to 0002 manually.
* Documentation for updating make-wmf-branch code was out of date
(repo was moved to git).
** Submitted patch to git and updated the documentation on wikitech wiki. 
* I did the necessary configurations needed for a new extension and
enabled TranslationNotifications on test.wikipedia.org
** But test.wikipedia.org was still running on branch 1.20wmf1. Reedy
updated it to 1.20wmf2 when I asked why it was like that.
** I was told that scap is broken and since scap is the easiest way to
deploy new extension so that l10n cache gets updated, I decided not to
deploy beyond testwiki.
* While testing on test.wikipedia.org, noticed one small usability
issue. Siebrand provided a fix for it.
* https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/5783 is still waiting for review. We
(l10n-team) decided earlier that digest email feature is not a blocker
for deployment today.
More information about the Mediawiki-i18n