[Mediawiki-i18n] Sorry, we don't have «page» in that language

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il
Tue Jul 31 09:20:23 UTC 2012

2012/7/31 Platonides <platonides at gmail.com>:
> Do we have somewhere a message like this?
> "Sorry, we don't have «page» in $LANG language, yet.
> You can read it on
> -XXZ
> -XXY
>
> You can [help translating it]"

I remember that there was cross-wiki search once and it was disabled
for some reason, at least on Wikimedia projects.

> Also, what's the best way to add new messages?
> Create a new MediaWiki extension, even if it is going to have little to
> no real code?

I'm not sure that I understand the question. Messages can be added to
MessagesEn.php (and MessagesQqq.php!) when it's relevant. See
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/L10n#Adding_new_messages

Does that answer the question? Or did I misunderstand something?

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬