[Mediawiki-i18n] MediaWiki Language Extension Bundle 2012.12
nlaxstrom at wikimedia.org
Fri Dec 21 17:08:29 UTC 2012
I would like to announce the release of MediaWiki language extension
* sha256sum: d27fdbbcdd73795914c6f6a8bdddedc3cea06c1ce968b9420f28028fda191a92
* Compatible with MediaWiki 1.20 and 1.21alpha
* Installation instructions are at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MLEB
* Announcements of new releases will be posted to a mailing list:
* Report bugs to https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org
* Talk with us at #mediawiki-i18n @ freenode
Release notes for each extension are below. Enjoy the last MLEB
release of the year!
== Babel ==
Only localisation updates.
== cldr ==
* English name for Azerbaijani (arz) was added.
* A bug that caused local names for be-tarask not to be used was fixed.
* Translations for be-tarask were updated.
== CleanChanges ==
Translation updates and code maintenance.
== LocalisationUpdate ==
No changes from 2012.11
== Translate ==
Lots of development is ongoing on the translation user interface
redesign project conducted by the WMF Language Engineering Team. New
message list and translation editor are in alpha stage, but interested
users can activate them by using url parameter tux=1 while on
Special:Translate. Also, tux=0 gets back the old interface.
$wgTranslateAC and $wgTranslateEC were removed. If you were still
using these, switch over to the TranslatePostInitGroups hook or
Bundled Solarium library was removed. Install it manually or use the
MediaWiki Solarium extensions.
Other noteworthy changes:
* MessageGroups::getParentGroups was renamed to getSharedGroups.
* New MessageGroups::getParentGroups was added which returns
all the paths from top-level groups to reach to given group.
* ApiQueryMessageGroups module has lots of new functionality.
* There is new ApiQueryLanguageStats module.
* (Bug 39761) Special:TranslationStats counts for edits includes
* GettextFFS: Handle empty but existing msgctxt properly
* WikiMessageGroup: check that message definition message exists
* New hook: TranslateSupportedLanguages
* Lots of code maintenance and translation updates.
== UniversalLanguageSelector ==
* Fixed a display issue in the Modern skin.
* (bug 42382) Indicate context in input settings/more languages
* Code maintenance and translation updates.
More information about the Mediawiki-i18n