[Mediawiki-i18n] Internationalizing MediaWiki: namespace strings

Neil Kandalgaonkar neilk at wikimedia.org
Fri Apr 1 02:11:39 UTC 2011

I'm aware of that extension, but it doesn't quite do what I want.

That provides internationalizations for things like

    "This work is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike
3.0"

Not the actual name of the license, which you might want to pick out of
a set of checkboxes or radio buttons depending on the circumstance:

    "Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 3.0"

To complicate matters further many of the "translations" are just more
wikitext to be evaluated (they refer to Creative Commons templates).

That said this might be the appropriate place to put such translated
strings.

Anyway, a possible compromise might be to define license descriptions &
names in such extensions, but to control configuration of which licenses
were enabled via the MediaWiki: namespace.

--
Neil Kandalgaonkar (   <neilk at wikimedia.org>