[Mediawiki-i18n] Internationalizing MediaWiki: namespace strings

Casey Brown lists at caseybrown.org
Fri Apr 1 01:38:38 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 7:29 PM, Neil Kandalgaonkar <neilk at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> It gets worse on Commons where licenses are defined by
> MediaWiki:Licenses. Ignoring the "language hacks" that were done like
> "enownwork", this is really a data structure that has to be
> internationalized, and sometimes the different translations of the data
> structure get out of sync....

Have you seen the "Wikimedia License Texts" pesudo-extension on
translatewiki?  I think that might be at least similar to, if not the
same thing as, what you're talking about.

The link to the "en-gb" version of these messages (it won't list them
on just en because it's the source) is:
<http://translatewiki.net/w/i.php?title=Special%3ATranslate&task=view&group=ext-wikimedialicensetexts&language=en-gb&limit=500>

--
Casey Brown