[Mediawiki-i18n] Pseudolocalization

Neil Kandalgaonkar neilk at wikimedia.org
Fri Sep 24 17:00:15 UTC 2010

On 9/24/10 12:49 AM, Niklas Laxström wrote:
> You are going to have problems with messages like sidebar, mainpage
> and others excepting certain kind of input.

Oh, I see what you're saying now. You mean how MediaWiki abuses the
message database for things which are more like configuration, e.g.
MediaWiki:Sidebar.

Hm. I'm not sure how to fix that at all. Other than somehow cataloging
all the message strings that are used like that.

Come to think of it, what do we do to ensure that these messages are not
translated? Or does that not matter since such messages originate in a
different place?

--
Neil Kandalgaonkar ( ) <neilk at wikimedia.org>