[Mediawiki-i18n] The OpenStreetMap website is now translatable at Translatewiki

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 21:11:05 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 11:13 PM, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
<avarab at gmail.com> wrote:
> These translations aren't automatically being synced back to the
> OpenStreetMap SVN repository yet. Me and Nikerabbit have been fixing
> bugs in the import/export process required to make this happen. Those
> bugs don't affect translations on Translatewiki.net, but it might be a
> few days before we can start committing back so the translated strings
> will show up on the OpenStreetMap site.
>
> So please go to Translatewiki and help make OpenStreetMap available in
> your language!

We've solved the outstanding issues that were holding up the sync.
I've now commited the Translatewiki translations to trunk (but they're
not live on the website yet).

    http://trac.osm.org/changeset/17832
    http://trac.osm.org/changeset/17836

We now have 26 new languages. Which more than doubles the previous 25.
Some of them are really small but a few are almost complete
translations of the website.

Hopefully Potlatch will be translatable within a few days.