[Mediawiki-i18n] MediaWiki i18n "call to arms"

Berto 'd Sera albertoserra at ukr.net
Mon Apr 2 13:11:05 UTC 2007

Hoi!

> . This could be "guessed at" by looking at
> existing, incomplete files. Probably there is a fairly predictable
> order to which messages get translated first.

You're a genius :) Yeah, we can probably get a pattern out of that.

So..

If we have a macro to load them up in a MySql db we get a 3-vectored space:
1) lancode (PK1)
2) message name (PK2; this is supposed to hold unchanged thru localization)
3) text

We can get very close to "reading people's vote" by seeing which msgs are
localized say by at least 75% of the existing interfaces.

Yeah... al it should take is a php script that would parse a directory of
message files and load them in the table. After that we simply run some
"SELECT COUNT(*)"s to generate all the comparative analysis we need.

If the $msg_names hold unchanged it shouldn't even be a long script, because
you can simply parse the existing variables and use their name/content pair
without writing any CASE statement at all, right?

Berto 'd Sera
Personagi dl'ann 2006 per l'arvista american-a Time (tanme tuti vojaotri)
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1569514,00.html