[Mediawiki-i18n] Translating extensions I'vewritten...forthcoming changes

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 21:22:27 UTC 2006

On 05/12/06, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> You are the one who wants to have something translated. The question is
> therefore how we get this done. You do not really make it possible to
> translate your software if it does not become part of an environment
> where this is done effectively. And I can do without the sarcasm
> "fondly" indeed.

Now, there's where there's a difference. See, I don't *care* if no one
translates it. I would *like* people to do so, but the software works
fine without 30 odd language versions.

I've made it possible to provide localisation for the software in a
fairly standard method. I'm aware of no special steps I need to take
now...what I do know is that there's no longer scope for people to
*bitch* at me 'cause my code didn't allow more than one localisation
to be provided out of box.

Rob Church