[Wikipedia-PA] Wikimedia Grants: Every language in the world

Daniel Bogre Udell daniel at wikitongues.org
Fri Oct 14 03:52:09 UTC 2016

ਸਤ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਅਕਾਲ, Wikimedia Punjabi!

My name is Daniel Bogre Udell and I'm a co-founder at Wikitongues, a
non-profit organization and international volunteer community dedicated to
defending linguistic diversity. We're building the world's first public
archive of every language in the world, and counting some very enthusiastic
Wikimedians among our ranks, we're excited to announce that we've submitted
a proposal
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project/Wikitongues_Poly_Feature_Set_1>
for
this upcoming round of Wikimedia Project Grants to support Poly, an open
source platform for sharing and learning languages.

Poly stands to improve the language content for both Wiktionary and
Wikivoyages by creating a broader network of language content aggregation.
Through it, the breadth of these projects will be expanded and their
language accuracy improved. Furthermore, in gaining access to new language
communities working with Wikitongues, Wikipedia stands to benefit from the
incubation of new language editions.

We're eager for community feedback, so if you think there are points of
alignment between Poly and other Wikimedia projects, especially related to
Punjabi language and culture, please let us know in the project's discussion
section
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants_talk:Project/Wikitongues_Poly_Feature_Set_1>
.

Finally, if you believe this project to be worthwhile, we would be honored
to have your endorsement, which you can enter in the project's Endorsements
section
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project/Wikitongues_Poly_Feature_Set_1#Endorsements>.
We would also greatly appreciate it if you can spread the word among your
fellow Wikimedians.

Thank you very much!

Warmly,

Daniel Bogre Udell