[Wikipedia-PA] India Program: Pilot Designs

Hisham hisham at wikimedia.org
Thu Mar 29 05:17:18 UTC 2012

Hi Folks

One of the aspects that India Program constantly works on is that the the work that your team does for and with our community is based on clear objectives, robust design and relevant progress parameters.

India Program has / is / will be undertaking a series of pilots. Pilots by nature indicate that we try innovative things out sometimes, and we may or may not always suceed.  We must be bold and try them out - but we must also carefully build these pilots out and measure progress.  On the main India Program meta page, I've created a tab that links to a new sub-page called Pilot Designs - where I have published 3 of these pilot designs.  More will follow as they are ready, or as we undertake new work, so do add the page to your watchlists.
Basic Community Building is the work that Shiju is doing with small Indic communities - in this case, Assamese.  It will show what steps can be taken to build such communities - from communication to collaboration to outreach.  This work is especially relevant to small Indic communities - but there are pointers even for larger communities (including English.)
Story-telling for Community Building is the work that Noopur just announced (and as illustrated by the profile on Netha) - where we want to celebrate the diversity and magic in our community.
Supporting Community Communications Initiatives (Wikipatrika) for Community Building is the initiative just announced by Noopur to support our community's newsletter, Wikipatrika.  The attempt is to see how Wikipatrika can become more participative, richer in content and more regular in publication.
Do go through these.  Do also add your comments on the respective talk pages.

The constant endeavor of all the work that we do is to help community members who want to take up the various initiatives that we are piloting (with them or with other community members.)  Do go through these pilot designs and if you are interested in getting involved, or if you need clarification, or if you want support - please feel free to ask for it on the talk pages or offlist to any of us.

Best

hisham