[Wikipedia-PA] FW: Update, Examples & Request: Wikipedia India Education Program

Nitika Tandon ntandon at wikimedia.org
Tue Sep 6 16:38:21 UTC 2011

Cross-posting to reach pan-India

Thanks

Nitika

From: Nitika Tandon [mailto:ntandon at wikimedia.org]
Sent: 05 September 2011 16:40
To: 'wikimediaindia-l at lists.wikimedia.org'
Subject: Update, Examples & Request: Wikipedia India Education Program

Hi Folks,

I thought I’ll share an update with you’ll on the Wikipedia India Education Program.  It's running majorly in 2 colleges in Pune (Symbiosis School of Economics and College of Engineering Pune). We already have over 1000 students enrolled from just these 2 colleges.  Most of these students have gone through one or more out of a total of 35 introductory, basic editing and refresher sessions conducted by Campus Ambassadors.

It’s good to see big numbers but I thought I’ll also share with you some articles that the students have been working on. It’s really inspiring to see their progress! J

User:  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Abhilasha369> Abhilasha369 started a new article: Robinson Crusoe Economy <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robinson_Crusoe_Economy>
User: basic.atari <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Basic.atari>  is working on article Human capital <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_capital>
User:  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/SaurabhKB> SaurabhKB  is editing  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-organizing_list> Self-organizing list ‎
User:  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Aishani_Sharma> Aishani Sharma on Social preferences <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_preferences>

User:  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Jinchurikidan> Jinchurikidan has been actively editing the article on Animation studio <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animation_studio>

These is still some way to go on these articles but I think they are fantastic starts!  The 5 users and articles above are just illustrative. You can also track progress of the entire program here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:INDIAEDU

Please do reach out to the students (not just the one's listed above) and offer help and encouragement.  Please do help them out on their articles as well.  While they have been trained, they're going to need a lot of support because they are almost entirely newbies.  Please do also leave kind words for the Campus Ambassadors. They've been doing amazing work!

Thanks

Nitika Tandon