[Wikimedia-ua-announce] Fwd: [WMCEE-l] Hungarian Revolution of 1956 article writing contest

attolippip attolippip на gmail.com
Сбт 24 Вер 2016 14:52:06 UTC

Привіт!

Угорська вікіспільнота хоче відзначити річницю Угорської революції 1956
року.
Вони пропонують зробити тематичний місяць/тиждень присвячений цій події,
формат схожий на CEE Spring.

Чи є волонтери, які взялися б за це?
Вікімедіа Україна може забезпечити підтримку працівниками, сувенірами, але
потрібно, щоб був хтось, хто візьметься за організаційну частину.

З повагою,
antanana

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Samat <samat78 на gmail.com>
Date: 2016-09-20 0:49 GMT+03:00
Subject: [WMCEE-l] Hungarian Revolution of 1956 article writing contest
To: A list for Wikimedians from Central and Eastern Europe <
wmcee-l на tools.wikimedia.pl>
Cc: huwiki-egyesulet <huwiki-egyesulet на googlegroups.com>

Dear All,

Hungary celebrates the 60 year anniversary of the Hungarian Revolution of
1956 [1] in October 2016. The revolution had a big impact not only on the
Hungarian history in the second half of the 20th century, but also on the
whole "Eastern Bloc", and indirectly (several 100 thousands of Hungarians
moved to other countries all over the world as refugees) on the whole world.

Wikimedia Hungary will organize an article writing contest and an
edit-a-thon for this anniversary (in the frame of a cooperation with a
university and with a library), and I had an idea, that this could be even
an international (regional) contest.

(Polish Institute in Budapest wanted to support the contest with special
prizes for the articles related to Poland, but most of the articles in this
topic are already written. But what about the articles in Polish language??
:)

The idea is simple: writing or significantly improving Wikipedia articles
on many languages in this topic (not only in history, but also in many
other effected fields, like literature, arts, films, etc.). We can make it
easy: we only need one coordinator per country, some hours of work with the
article lists (for example in matrix format like for the CEE Spring),
making some publicity in the local community (+CentralNotice?) and a way to
judge the best submissions at the end (jury or community based judgement).
We can discuss about the prizes: WM-HU has (limited) possibilities to offer
reasonable international prizes if it is necessary.

I prepared a page (structure) on meta for the contest [2]

[1]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_Revolution_of_1956
[2]: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_Revolution_of_1956

Please let me know your thoughts. I hope, many of you like the idea and
will join.

Best,
Samat