[Wiki Loves Monuments] Working together on Wednesday at Wikimania

Lily lilyofthewest.wikimedia at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 05:32:26 UTC 2017

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 1:36 AM, Ciell Wikipedia
<ciell.wikipedia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Lily,
>
> You had to pre-register for the hachathon this year and I for example didn't
> because I'm not a developer.

understood. Something to consider for next years: we should totally
use the hackathon times. :)

> I will email the organisation of the hackathon though and see if they have
> spare rooms. Sounds like a good idea ?

This sounds great. They will want to get an estimate from you, though,
since they have to plan for foods as far as I understand from Rachel
Farrand's responses on Wikimania lists. So, have an estimate: bunch of
us are already registered for the Hackathon, so how about 10
non-registered max? (I'm making up the number, if you expect more,
just say more.)

Thank you! :)

Lily

> Groetjes Ciell
>
> Op 3 aug. 2017 3:01 a.m. schreef "Lily" <lilyofthewest.wikimedia at gmail.com>:
>
>> Hi Ciell,
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 9:19 AM, Ciell Wikipedia
>> <ciell.wikipedia at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi all!
>> >
>> > I was talking to Lodewijk just now and there's still a lot to do for us
>> > for
>> > the competition in September can start. We want to sit together next
>> > wednesday somewhere in the Sheraton.
>> >
>> > If there are people willing to join us, please let us know! We'll find a
>> > working space and post it on this list wednesday morning, so you can
>> > join
>> > us, help us, work with us, ask questions or just to collect some
>> > beautifull
>> > WLM postcards to send home!
>>
>> Nice idea, and I would love to drop by from time to time and work on
>> WLM-IR items, too. My question is: can we formalize this and get a
>> table at the hackathon location itself for Wiki Loves Monuments? This
>> way, we will have one fixed place where people can drop by and work on
>> Wiki Loves Monuments related items throughout the hackathon: backend,
>> frontend, software, content, etc. I'm sure the international team will
>> have some presence there, too. :D
>>
>> Lily
>>

>> > Cheers,
>> > Ciell