[Wiki Loves Monuments] Files uploaded elsewhere, and then on WLM?

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Mon Sep 19 15:29:50 UTC 2016

Hi Yongmin,

Is there any doubt that the images are submitted by their photographer? If
it is clear that the image is submitted to Wikimedia Commons by its author,
it is usually not considered a problem.

Sometimes an earlier submission to another website is an indication that
the submission to WLM is not by its original author - this is why sometimes
this becomes a problem (people doubt the submission is truthful). If you
have such doubt, just send a quick email to the original account/website
where the image was first published and ask them to confirm it's the same
person.

Best,