[Wiki Loves Monuments] Guinness World Record?

Juliana Monteiro julianamonteiro47 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 19:58:58 UTC 2016

Hello all,

That would be great to try a digital photo exhibition. After this e-mail,
the Wikimedian Brazilian Group of Education and Research is thinking about
trying to organize something here - maybe inside the subway stations.
Let´s keep in touch!
Best regards,
Juliana

> Hey folks,
>
> A few years ago, we managed to set the world record for the largest
> photography competition in the world, according to the Guinness Book of
> World Records. We still hold this record with our 2012 competition
> <http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/largest-photography-competition/>
> .
>
> I was thinking, as a little bonus on WLM 2016, would it be nice to try and
> break another record? The competition will be hard to break if I look at
> our previous submissions, but there is another record that might be
> interesting: the largest digital photo exhibition
> <http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/29046-largest-digital-photo-exhibition>.
> The record currently stands at 115,117 and seems breakable.
>
> Based on what I read, this might be a bunch of LED screens all displaying
> a slide show of photos at a publicly accessible place. We could do this
> during some kind of event, and simply show all WLM submissions from the
> international competition.
>
> Anyway, is there anyone, or a chapter/local team that would like to
> consider organising something like this? If we want, we could even make it
> a 'travelling' exhibition. It would require a lot of screens, a nice
> occasion to display them, a bit of software to show the photos and
> collecting evidence.
>
> Best,
> Lodewijk

*Juliana Monteiro*
Museóloga
Analista de Preservação -- Museu da Imigração de São Paulo
Profa. curso técnico de Museologia -- ETEC Parque da Juventude

*Museologist*
*S**enior Preservation Analyst -- Immigration Museum of State of São Paulo*
*Teacher at Certification Course of Museology -- ETEC Parque da Juventude*