[Wiki Loves Monuments] Installing wlxjury

Ilya Korniyko intracer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 16:57:21 UTC 2016

Hi,

Regarding java.lang.OutOfMemoryError, by default Java sets it MaxHeapSize size
to about FreeMemory / 4, looks like this is not enough.
You can see the MaxHeapSize by running
java -XX:+PrintFlagsFinal -version | grep MaxHeapSize
And you can set it in JAVA_OPTS (for any java process)   or  SBT_OPTS
 (just for sbt) environment variables, like this
export SBT_OPTS="-Xmx250m" (sets max heap 250MB)

This error was in sbt, so this means you are in development mode -
compiling the application, you don't need sbt to run application in
production mode (packaged by sbt stage/dist etc.)

Main configuration file is application.conf.
application.ini is for options to packager (to staged directory,
zip,deb,rpm). yes, it is confusing.

 commons.user is intended to have bigger than default limits
for querying the commons via API, but not used yet, and can be just deleted
or commented out (I already did it)

Database is initialised by https://flywaydb.org/ from sql scripts in
conf/db/migration/default.
On the first run in development mode the application will ask to run these.

User is not created yet automatically, so you'll have to setup at least one
by SQL, like this
INSERT INTO wlxjury.users (fullname, email, created_at, deleted_at,
password, roles, contest, lang) VALUES ('Ilya (WLE Jury Admin)', '
intracer+2016 at gmail.com', '2016-06-10 18:40:05', null, 'sha1 password
hash', 'root', null, 'en');

Now I'm implementing the sign in feature, so this first user will be able
to sign in himself :)

Regards,
Ilya