[Wiki Loves Monuments] connection refused when using UploadWizard

Nicu Buculei nicubunu at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 06:23:52 UTC 2015

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 8:09 AM, LilyOf TheWest wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 10:56 AM, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>>
>> If it works trough VPN, then most likely is your ISP at fault.
>
> based on the discussion on this thread so far, I'm leaning towards thinking
> that the problem is not in UploadWizard's end or the servers. I'll report
> back if I find out more.

A VPN works like an encrypted tunnel that goes trough your ISP to a
different one and then you access the internet like you are a customer
of the other ISP.
A main use for VPNs is whn there is a content filtering or a
configuration issue at your ISP, so you use the VPN to go around that.

--
nicu :: http://photoblog.nicubunu.ro/