[Wiki Loves Monuments] 'evaluation'

Ivo Kruusamägi ivo.kruusamagi at gmail.com
Tue May 5 10:21:22 UTC 2015

I've collected photos for Commons with cost lower than 0.01 $ per image, so
I don't like claims, that "A god shot of a professional artist doesn't cost
0.90 dollars". Considering the fact, that average upload in WLM is usually
out of rather poor quality and will not find itself a place in an article,
then thous things aren't that easily comparable.

I specially like the comment about Romaine, and I have taken somewhat
similar approach. Only if I'm able to provide constant work for the
newcomers there is some chance of keeping them with the program. Getting
images vs getting users are two rather different aims. I have also set
interest towards getting quality images as we have so many contributors per
capita in Estonia, that it isn't very likely to get an increase there
without some rather desperate means. But just focusing on images could help
to get significantly better quality contributions.

As of this evaluation I'd actually like to get some selected examples, that
would explain somewhat on what others have done and what kind of
differences there are. For instance, if someone spends thousands of dollars
for this campaign, then I'd like to know where the money went, as I can't
personally think of any places on where to spend that much. Or what kind of
outreach approach was taken to achieve the x goals etc.

Regards
Ivo Kruusamägi