[Wiki Loves Monuments] 'evaluation'

rupert THURNER rupert.thurner at gmail.com
Sat May 2 22:11:10 UTC 2015

On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 5:06 PM, Federico Leva (Nemo) <nemowiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> To be fair,
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Evaluation/Evaluation_reports/2015/Wiki_Loves_Monuments
> was useful for me to quickly extract a couple trivia/curiosities.
>
> Other than that, I agree I wouldn't know how to use it for any meaningful
> evaluation, at least for the purposes I had when volunteering for WLM-IT. I
> didn't expect that though; defining the goals of WLM-IT and assessing our
> progress against them has always been our own burden that nobody can help
> with (especially given the very peculiar situation with Codice Urbani).

in my professional life i am doing a lot of "lean" and "agile" now.
one of the main goals there is to do only things that "the client"
would benefit of, as soon as possible. a client is always the "end
user", never some intermediary, or administrative person. one of the
indicators there is to minimize the seven wastes:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muda_%28Japanese_term%29

when i am seeing such an evaluation report i try to fit that somehow
in this agile world. who the client would be. maybe the wikipedia
readers, or the editors using commons images? then i try to imagine
what benefit they have from this report. and i try to imaging what
would happen if this report would not be there. to my shame i must
admit i cannot come up with anything reasonable *blush*. anybody of
you got a little more fantasy about benefits ?

rupert.