[Wiki Loves Monuments] Fwd: Moving monuments database to Wikidata

Nicolas VIGNERON vigneron.nicolas at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 12:26:36 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Just an example how Wikipédia and Wikidata can work together.

On the french Wikipédia, the template:Infobox_Monument already use Wikidata
date. For example, on https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manoir_de_Saint-Armel
on the infobox, you can see a little +/- sign after the patrimonial status,
the country and the coordinates that redirect to the Wikidata corresponding
properties to make edition easier.

It's a bit early but in the end, all the Wikipédia lists will come from
Wikidata (and not from lists on Wikidata, from separate items for each
lines of the lists).
We have to wait until 1. the data are all imported in Wikidata (in
progress, done for some countries and not started for others ; roughly 50 %
done for France but we started with the easy ones so we're kind of stuck
right now...) then 2. the templates, tools and modules in the Wikipédias to
be adapted.

Cdlt, ~nicolas