[Wiki Loves Monuments] Wikidata

Jane Darnell jane023 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 09:47:22 UTC 2015

Magnus,
Wonderful set of links, thanks! And of course Mix-n-Match is a great idea -
maybe the whole monuments database can go in there? The ecosystem is not
well documented (or at least no where central I think). My gut feeling is
that Listeria should be used to generate the lists on WIkipedia, though
this should maybe be a two-step process (see the previous discussion about
sorting issues and units and so forth). I agree with the generic bit, as I
see lots of overlap with something like "Wiki Loves Art"  for example.

As for the Commons-scanning bot that looks at recent WLM uploads, my
feeling on that one is that we need to catch those with the current
upload-campaign tooling somehow. All of that was built prior to the birth
of Wikidata as well.

Jane

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 11:26 AM, Magnus Manske <magnusmanske at googlemail.com