[Wiki Loves Monuments] Fwd: Moving monuments database to Wikidata

Jane Darnell jane023 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 09:27:14 UTC 2015

Yes I can see that it would seem counter-productive to work on an overhaul
of the current system in the middle of a competition. My experience in the
Wikiverse has taught me two important lessons however:
1) Never assume that I can influence the workload of any other
Wiki(p/m)edian
2) Never assume that I know what other Wiki(p/m)edians are able and willing
to do

That said, I am always interested when I notice things happening in the
Wikiverse that seem relevant to whatever it is that I am doing, wherever I
am doing it. I am thinking about WLM now because we are gearing up to it,
so it follows that I think about how to improve it, both for me personally
as a participant, and for me personally as a Wikidatan.