[Wiki Loves Monuments] Volunteers needed to help pre-screen Wiki Loves Monuments UK entries

Michael Maggs Michael at maggs.name
Tue Sep 30 16:39:24 UTC 2014

Hi all

As you may know, the Wiki Loves Monuments competition closes tonight, and over the next couple of weeks we need to decide on the winning entries.

In the UK, we expect to have around 7000 entries, from which we need to select the 500 best for formal judging by the jury.

We’re seeking volunteers to help out with the pre-screening process, which we have to complete within the next two to three weeks.

Can you help us, please?

To help, you’ll need the following:

1. A minimum of few hours free between now and 14th October

2. A good level of ability to distinguish high-quality photography from lower quality (guidelines will be provided)

3. A fast broadband connection for downloading to your local computer several hundred high-resolution images (we’ll tell you how to do it)

4. Suitable software (eg Adobe Lightroom or some other photo-review software) for reviewing the images at full screen size.

You don’t need to be based in the UK to help.

If you can help, please get in touch now!  Either reply directly to this posting, or send an email to Michael {{at}} maggs . name

Many thanks

Michael