[Wiki Loves Monuments] WLM update blog post

Saqib Qayyum saqib.qayyum at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 15 15:27:23 UTC 2014

Well this is something which can be covered in a separate blog post. Mine is about stats.
S.

To: wikilovesmonuments at lists.wikimedia.org
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 17:24:15 +0200
From: aktron at centrum.cz
Subject: Re: [Wiki Loves Monuments] WLM update blog post

Saqib,

Well... not entirely, but we at least did the Czech version of this: http://www.wikimilujepamatky.cz/2014/09/jsme-v-polovine/

Also, there might be some other ideas pointed out, ie. Wiki Loves Earth connection, the fact that Macedonia starts 1 month later (might or might not), and also some great panoramas, large files or anything. The support from cultural institutions (National Heritage Instituion in the Czech Republic for example) can be also mentioned. In Spain they have a lot of events related to this.

Many exhibitions took place for WLM: In Poland, it used to be at least 10-20 during the last year and this year. In the Czech Republic... well we had also something like that. In Serbia the National TV station RTS.rs also published some news related to WLM. So there is a plenty of cool stuff around the world. And this is only the tip of an iceberg!

And here we even found our leaflets to be used on some village websites ... but then again we have a person who is paid in order to "push" our contest to the "outside world".

(just writing these 3 paragraphs to get you some info and perhaps ideas for extending the article or writing a separate new one. Don't hesitate to ask for more!)

Aktron

Wikimedia Czech Republic

> Od: Saqib Qayyum <saqib.qayyum at hotmail.com>

> Komu: Wiki Loves Monuments Photograph Competition <wikilovesmonuments at lists.wikimedia.org>