[Wiki Loves Monuments] Help to find tools

Platonides platonides at gmail.com
Sun May 11 20:07:25 UTC 2014

On 06/05/14 12:40, Fhaidel Domínguez wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Does anybody know any tool to get a list of deleted images under a
> category in commons,

You can't. Once a page is deleted, it no longer belongs to any category.
If you know a time frame you could check (categorylinks) on an old dump
for images that were in that category, and then filter out those who
still exist.

> and any other tool to get a list of a category
> users details such as user name and registration date?
>
> I'm appointing to get some management tasks and internal metrics for
> "Wikiviajes por Venezuela 2014" a photo contest run by Wikimedia
> Venezuela currently.
>
> This is the category:
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikiviajes_por_Venezuela_2014

Assuming you want the user that uploaded the first version of each of
the images on that category, what you want is:
> SELECT DISTINCT user_name, user_registration FROM categorylinks LEFT JOIN logging ON (log_page = cl_from AND log_type='upload' and log_action='upload') LEFT JOIN user ON (user_id = log_user) WHERE cl_to ='Wikiviajes_por_Venezuela_2014';

I've left the list of 398 users at
http://toolserver.org/~platonides/sandbox/Usuarios-Wikiviajes_por_Venezuela_2014-20140511200000.txt

As expected, most are new users:
> 2014	370	92.9648% (1 in March, 187 in April, 182 in May)
> 2013	6	1.50754%
> 2012	6	1.50754%
> 2011	3	0.753769%
> 2010	6	1.50754%
> 2009	2	0.502513%
> 2008	2	0.502513%
> 2007	1	0.251256%
> 2006	2	0.502513%

Fun fact: you are the second oldest participant. ☺

> Any help is appreciated,
>
> Thanks,

You're welcome