[Wiki Loves Monuments] Increasing participation in WLM

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 07:36:48 UTC 2014

Alex Wang, 18/03/2014 00:33:
> One idea that some grantees have been implementing is to organize *photo
> expeditions* to places that are under-represented. These photo
> expeditions have two benefits -- (1) they allow people to travel to
> places they may not normally have the chance to visit due to
> transportation issues and (2) they travel to places where monuments have
> not been photographed. They also promote community!

WMIT made some too, but mostly we let/inspired municipalities to
organise some on their own, mostly for local citizens. Did anyone else
get this sort of entities involvement? (In the lucky countries with
sensible laws chapters probably never got to know/meet the
municipalities and other entities because there is no need.)

Nemo