[Wiki Loves Monuments] Tool to add Coordinates

Michal Matúšov michal.matusov at wikimedia.sk
Sun Sep 15 11:23:53 UTC 2013

As I know OpenStreetMap use Microsoft Bing satellite maps to create free
map. I am not sure about all agreements between MS and OSM but maybe we
could use Microsoft Bing in same way as OSM are doing.

We can think about similar tool but for WLM lists on Wikidata in the
time when Wikidata accept list-function.

Regards!

Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 19:36:16 +0100 From: Andrew Gray
<andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk> To: Wiki Loves Monuments Photograph
Competition <wikilovesmonuments at lists.wikimedia.org> Subject: Re: [Wiki
Loves Monuments] Tool to add Coordinates Message-ID:
<CAE4f==cy+85LdrZ7DRsGv0L93cOfV4LOTNNyo-F3YgFLJd_i7A at mail.gmail.com>
been very firm that taking coordinates directly from Google Maps is not
valid for their license, but I'm not sure how well their license maps to
ours in this case. A coordinate is basically the only piece of
information they need, so they'd be copying all the information, whereas
for us it's a much smaller detail in an overall work, so it's more like
checking a single entry in a reference book. I think we're okay :-)
(Besides, in most cases we'd need the satellite view to be sure if the
building isn't specifically mapped already...) A. On 14 September 2013

[1]>). It was developed by [[u:HrantKhachatrian]]. If you want to integrate the tool to your local Wikipedia and/or have any questions, let us know :) Vacio _______________________________________________ Wiki Loves Monuments mailing list WikiLovesMonuments at lists.wikimedia.org https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikilovesmonuments [2] http://www.wikilovesmonuments.org [3] _______________________________________________ Wiki Loves Monuments mailing list WikiLovesMonuments at lists.wikimedia.org https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikilovesmonuments [2] http://www.wikilovesmonuments.org [3]
 _______________________________________________ Wiki Loves Monuments
http://www.wikilovesmonuments.org [3]

--
- Andrew Gray