[Wiki Loves Monuments] Call for help setting up banner and text

Romaine Wiki romaine_wiki at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 4 20:37:08 UTC 2013

Hello all,

At the moment we show only a CentralNotice to people who visit Wikipedia/Wikimedia that access the internet through a connection in a country that participates. But many people have family living in another country, live near an international border, have or had their work in another country, have/had study in another country or were spending the holiday in another country. Many many pictures are made by people living in another country which could enrich Wikipedia, but many people do not know that they can contribute with photos to Wikipedia. To inform those people that Wiki Loves Monuments is active, we are working on a banner specially targeting on them. That banner, shown in the second half of September, will lead to a landing page that has to be created where we tell what Wiki Loves Monuments is, that they can participate if they have pictures from monuments in participating countries and we want to tell that one important aspect of Wiki Loves
 Monuments is that we want to make the world's cultural heritage visible to the public in lists of monuments. The landing page should primarily contain an overview of participating countries, but secondly also a call for creation of lists to enrich Wikipedia.

To engage those other countries we have set up a project page at https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2013/Other_countries
Be welcome to help and contribute to this project to engage people in other countries!

Romaine