[Wiki Loves Monuments] FOP in Europe: does this include WWII monuments with art?

WereSpielChequers werespielchequers at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 12:49:09 UTC 2013

I don't know about the DMCA take down notice in question, but you need to
remember that Europe is a continent with many countries, and FOP is one of
the areas that hasn't been harmonised even within the European Union. I'm
in the UK which does largely have FOP, but only for three dimensional works
that are permanently on Public display. The Houseball is definitely three
dimensional but if it was in the UK I'd be wondering if it permanent or
temporary? For other WWII stuff in the UK a key consideration is whether it
is two or three dimensional - there are some WWII related two d display
boards near me which I would have photographed if they were covered by FOP.

My suggestion would be to only go ahead in those countries that have FOP,
and include a link to the guidelines we have for commons images from that
country.

WSC