[Wiki Loves Monuments] WLM Moldova

aktron at centrum.cz aktron at centrum.cz
Fri Feb 22 20:05:15 UTC 2013

Firstly, you should know, if you can publish this list on Wikipedia (in wiki format, of course).

You should also communicate with the Agency for Inspection and Rebuilding of Monuments in order to "let them know" that there is going to be a contest, that can greatly influence the way how people see monuments, do a small PR for them - these should be some points in your favor.

When this list is published on Wikipedia and you'll have some info that it is ok from the Agency for Inspection... you and the moldavian community of ro.wiki (since as far as I am informed, moldovan Wikipedians use ro.wiki) should prepare some press reports and try to send it to some local media (regional ones are good, since they have always difficulties to find out topics to write about every day), or photography-related portals.

This is - in essence - what I do believe is the most important thing that has to be done when preparing the WLM contest. But there might be much more work hidden, for better info see the official schedule (that is quite complex but takes care about all the criteria that are absolutely necessary).

Official schedule for 2012 is this one: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2012/Timeline <http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2012/Timeline>

As far as I remember clearly, we in WM CZ did follow cca 1/3 to 1/2 of all the steps here (this schedule is dedicated for large Wikimedia Chapters that can have about tens of volunteers for WLM. So yes, it is long, it might be too complex but there is no need to be shocked; most of the criteria in the list can be summarized easily.

Aktron
Wikimedia Czech Republic
Co- organizer of WLM in the Czech Republic

> Od: "Giku Promitt" <promitt at yandex.com>
> Komu: <wikilovesmonuments at lists.wikimedia.org>
> Datum: 22.02.2013 16:54
> Předmět: [Wiki Loves Monuments] WLM Moldova

Hello.

I am Gheorghe A. Iordachi, active user and administrator on Romanian Wikipedia. http://ro.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utilizator:Gik%C3%BC <http://ro.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utilizator:Gik%C3%BC> / http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Gik%C3%BC <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Gik%C3%BC>

I'd like to organize Wikipedia Loves Monuments in the Republic of Moldova. This is the first time I'm ever doing something for wikipedia outside of site itself. Guys from WLM Romania directed me to you, they said I can get here first directions.

Agency for Inspection and Rebuilding of Monuments from Moldova (http://airmc.wordpress.com/ <http://airmc.wordpress.com/>) is interested in spreading the info in Moldova, and are willing to organize the contest themselves.

So what do I start with? I got the monuments list in a parseable format (http://data.gov.md/raw/952 <http://data.gov.md/raw/952>) and I have the Romanian wikipedians' word - they can help me with sharing their experience.

Looking forward to a successful collaboration.
Thank you.
Gheorghe A. Iordachi