[Wiki Loves Monuments] Would you like to be part of the international jury for WLPA?

Pradeep Mohandas prad2609 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 21 17:21:10 UTC 2013

Hi John,

I apologise if this is seen as going off-topic for this list.

One of the principal problem that we are trying to address vis-a-vis public art in India is the lack of a central repository of lists of such a work.

For WLM, we had such a list provided by the Archaeological Survey of India, which defined monuments in India. I have, thus far not seen any similar definition or institution for public art in India.

However, we are trying to solve this issue by talking to art institutions in general and certain organisations that do public art performance in India like The Wall Project, Khoj International.

At this level, I guess it would help if we can get contacts or introductions to people whom we can speak to in India, in this regard.

Thanks,
Pradeep Mohandas,
Chair, GLAM Special Interest Group,
Wikimedia India Chapter