[Wiki Loves Monuments] A thank you

Maarten Dammers maarten at mdammers.nl
Sun Feb 3 17:05:09 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

About three years ago we started this little photo competition to get
more photos of monuments. In three years Wiki Loves Monuments grew to be
the largest photo competition gathering over half a million photos. I
was one of the main organizers for the last three years (Netherlands,
Europe, world). I really enjoyed doing that, but all good things come to
an end. I decided it's time for some other people to continue what I've
started; I won't be part of the WLM2013 organizational team.

It's not that I will be completely gone. I will probably continue
working on the monuments database and spend some time on the project as
a "normal" volunteer.

Thank you all for putting up with me and making Wiki Loves Monuments
such a great project. I couldn't have done it without you.

Maarten