[Wiki Loves Monuments] Admin authority

Roel Balingit roel.balingit at wikimedia.org.ph
Sun Sep 30 16:21:07 UTC 2012

Hi Lodewijk, Tomasz,

Thanks for providing us support. I understand that this is a learning
process and we would be keen on giving it another run. Maraming salamat!

Roel

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 12:09 AM, Tomasz W. Kozłowski
<odder.wiki at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Roel,
> I am afraid I don't really understand what you mean by "to give (...)
> Admin control to manage submissions".
>
> There is no way that the Wiki Loves Monuments community -- which in
> itself is much smaller than the wider community of Wikimedia Commons
> -- can "give" anybody any rights on the latter project.
>
> Of course, we have been assigning user rights in the past month or two
> to many people, especially UploadCampaign editor rights, but our
> community as such cannot guarantee the local organisers any additional
> rights on Commons.
>
> I can understand how tedious it is to have to request (un)deletions
> for a lot of pictures, but I am afraid there is very little we can do
> about it. If you'd like to become an administrator on Commons (even
> just for a temporary period), there is no other way to do that than to
> start an RfA on the appropriate page on that project.
>
> PS I have just disabled the CentralNotice banners for the Philippines;
> the campaign is also no longer categorising the photos into
> [[Category:Images from Wiki Loves Monuments 2012 in the Philippines]].
>
> --
> Tomasz W. Kozłowski
> a.k.a. [[user:odder]]

*ROEL BALINGIT*
*Treasurer*
*WIKIMEDIA PHILIPPINES*
*G/F Gervacia Center, 152 Amorsolo Street, Legaspi Village, 1229 Makati City
*
*T: +63-2-8123277  | F: +63-2-8127177 | M: +63-917-8807635 *
*W: **www.wikimedia.org.ph | E: roel.balingit at wikimedia.org.ph*