[Wiki Loves Monuments] Quality images (Was: 300.000!!)

Tomasz W. Kozłowski odder.wiki at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 12:59:42 UTC 2012

Hi there,
as a matter of statistics -- and also for those that value quality
alongside quantity -- besides surpassing 300,000 uploaded images, the
number of pictures from Wiki Loves Monuments 2012 has reached 650
today.

At the time of writing this message, we had 322,258 images uploaded in
total; this means that one in every 495 images uploaded this year
(0,2%) was featured by the Wikimedia Commons community as being of a
high quality. Besides those 650 Quality images, we also have 7
Featured pictures and 1 Valued image; these numbers and percentages
are obviously only going to rise in the days and months to come.

You can see all highlighted images from Wiki Loves Monuments 2012 in
this category tree
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Highlighted_content_from_Wiki_Loves_Monuments>.

Thanks
--