[Wiki Loves Monuments] Idea for WLM app's afterlife

Jane Darnell jane023 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 08:06:17 UTC 2012

I am a bit confused, as the WLM app can be used all year, can't it?
Obviously the application is needed for all the "gray monuments" with no
picture yet, but it should also be used also for the insides of buildings
when we only have the outside, and vice versa.

It would be great to extend the app, but just get rid of all the contest
information, and allow the user to *first* browse the photos already on
commons for those monuments (assuming the monument has more pics with
monument ids). If a monument already has tons of good photos (like the
Eiffel tower), maybe the user will pass on that one, but become interested
in another less popular monument near by,
Jane