[Wiki Loves Monuments] WLM and Human.io

Tomasz W. Kozłowski odder.wiki at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 15:24:04 UTC 2012

On 28 September 2012 12:30, Lodewijk wrote:

> the stories I heard so far outside this list are rather negative though - at
> least for the iPhone. Apparently the GPS doesn't work well outside the US
> and the way they upload their pictures is still a bit shaky. Also the source
> code doesn't see open source?

The code is just about 200-250 lines in Python, so it might not be as
usable as our official WLM application. I am, however, not able to
test it because my smartphone uses an old Android 2.1 :-(

> At the same time, it is interesting to see what an open API can do :)

They are not using any of our APIs at the moment; the data they use is
based on a recent Wikipedia dump, as I have been told, and has not
been updated since (as is the case with our database).

--
Tomasz W. Kozłowski
a.k.a. [[user:odder]]