[Wiki Loves Monuments] Help for importing some pics from Flickr

Nicu Buculei nicubunu at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 08:19:28 UTC 2012

On 09/28/2012 10:24 AM, Racso wrote:
> 2012/9/28 Nicu Buculei <nicubunu at gmail.com <mailto:nicubunu at gmail.com>>
>
>     Is relatively easy, you can do it yourself:
>     https://toolserver.org/~__magnus/flickr2commons.php
>     <https://toolserver.org/~magnus/flickr2commons.php>
>

> That tool seems to require pictures to be imported one by one, doesn't it?
> If it does, it would be a bit slow to process them all. Isn't there a
> faster, automated way?

Indeed, we in the Romanian community prefer a semi-manual import to
clean the images in the process too.

There is the "new version" of the same tool which work on sets:
http://toolserver.org/~magnus/ts2/flickr2commons

You will still need to edit the image pages after the upload and add the
monument IDs.

As a side-note, I checked one of the sets,
http://www.flickr.com/photos/megavas/sets/72157631293508324/ and there
the license is still proprietary, not CC-BY-SA, an import attempt will fail.