[Wiki Loves Monuments] File names and descriptions

Roel Balingit roel.balingit at wikimedia.org.ph
Fri Sep 21 20:34:18 UTC 2012

There's are even uploaders from the Philippines who provide their own
"artistic/dramatic" titles to their photographs and does not at all contain
the name of the monument. I sent a message to the uploaders about it.

Regards,
Roel
WLM Philippines

On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 1:07 AM, Racso <racso at colombia.com> wrote:

> 2012/9/21 Yaroslav M. Blanter <putevod at mccme.ru>
>
>> I noticed while categorizing images which were submitted for WLM 2012
>> Russia that almost all users (with the exception of the experienced Commons
>> uploaders) do not use the description field nor the name field
>> appropriately.
>

> Is it just Russia, or do other countries show similar patterns?
>>

> Isn't just you. In Colombia, some people are in fact using the field, but
> the vast majority are not. Still, as Lodewijk said: as the ID identifies
> the monument depicted on the picture, I'm not worried about it (we may even
> use a bot to add descriptions later).
>
> Racso

*ROEL BALINGIT*
*Treasurer*
*WIKIMEDIA PHILIPPINES*
*G/F Gervacia Center, 152 Amorsolo Street, Legaspi Village, 1229 Makati City
*
*T: +63-2-8123277  | F: +63-2-8127177 | M: +63-917-8807635 *
*W: **www.wikimedia.org.ph | E: roel.balingit at wikimedia.org.ph*